· When you push down on the table, it pushes back up___________-
· When you throw____________ a ball forward, you also get pushed backwards-______________!
· When a bird pushes against the air, the air pushes back__________--!
- Welcome To 6th Grade Science (Watch Now)!!!!
- Let's Do Science!!
- Our Courageous Long Term Plan and Calendar
- Science Fair Resources
- Stay Current With These Important Dates
- Let's Network
- A Big Thank You
- Our Courgageous BIG KIPPsters
- Whose House??? COOGS HOUSE!!!
- Just KIPP'n it!
- Our Courageous Scientists
- Newsela Class Sign Up
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Unit 4 Physics II Day 14: Newton’s Third Law of Motion
The final law of motion (the third one) will help us really understand how
Motion in our universe works!
Summarize Mr. Miller’s example:
Newton’s third law says that every action________________ has an equal and opposite reaction___________________.
Today we will diagram these “force pairs__________________.”
1) Visualize the force_______________ as a push or a pull. Visualize only ONE force!
2) Using the same force_______________-, decide what else is also pushing or pulling back - always in the opposite____________ direction.
***Don’t let yourself bring in forces that aren’t part of the pair!
3) Draw a diagram with arrows__________ moving in the opposite_____________ to show these forces.
Let’s Try as a Class
1) A falling acorn.
Action Force: Gravity pulls the acorn down.
2) Rowing a boat.
Try It With Your Shoulder Buddy
1) Ja’Liyah jumps up into the air.
Action Force: Ja’Liyah pushes against the ground.
2) Tennis ball hits the wall.