- Objects of the same shape___________, but different mass__________ will fall at the same rate.
- Gravity pulls harder on objects with more mass, but the objects with more mass can also resist better!
- Objects with different shapes can fall at different rates.
- This is because of something called air resistance__________________ .
Our goal is to design experiments that will verify the rules we learn and that others can recreate.
1) Decide on constant variables firs first by asking yourself: What will keep this experiment fair?
2) List each step of your experiment, beginning each step with an action verb.
- Ask yourself: What am I doing to test this, using specific verbs.
- (What variable is this related to?) J
- Then ask yourself: What am I measuring after I test, using tools and units. (What variable is this related to? J)
- Your last step should say how to repeat the process.
Directions: Read about Galileo dropping the ball here.
Then complete Quest #2 - Galileo drops the ball and answer the questions on your classwork.
Use Galileo drops the ball simulator to complete Quests #3 and #4 as well.